Monday, January 18, 2010

The Preserve At Port Royal How Can I Output Digital Audio From A Computer Via S/PDIF 1/8" Mini-jack Port?

How can I output digital audio from a computer via S/PDIF 1/8" mini-jack port? - the preserve at port royal

How many computers and laptops these days, a full function HD Audio 5.1 ", but I am about how he be able to connect to a computer too confused / laptop with an audio / video at the same time, while the maintaining full digital audio (for example, I can see a DVD to audio on my laptop, a video to a TV, while retaining the Dolby Digital 5.1).

Is there a kind of 1 / 8 "mini jack to TOSLINK or coaxial digital adapter, I am somehow missing?" M sure that a 1 / 8 "to RCA adapter does not preserve digital audio.

3 comments:

Geoff S said...

My computer has an RCA connector to the coaxial digital output on the back for it. It is not 1 / 8 "to toslink or coaxial digital I realized that the conservation of surround sound. I have other cards that had been seen as isolated from 1 / 8" outputs for the center and rear surround. Perhaps there is an adapter that can all of these inputs, and record digital. Are you sure there is space in the sound card / motherboard output S / PDIF coaxial or GP? How about us the model number of your motherboard or sound card ...
---
EDIT: Ah! After some research, it appears that Sony came out with the Mini-Disc player, developing a shot that support standard 1 / 8 "stereo analog and optical digital output would be too. Turtle Beach, this one has its integrated sound cards. I had never heard of this. I think I learn something new every day! Anyway, you just have a special optical Toslink cable 1 / 8 "in him and he will do. Here is a link to a: \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ is u0026lt;br> http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/audio ...

Scroll further down on this page and you can find adapters in a standard Toslink optical connector.

Kdude said...

Hello, while I have not tried because I have blown up a complete home theater system the air. However, the 1:8 S / PDIF is, Jack, in fact, only two mini-RCA jack and a coaxial cable is only the 2-axial cable or two. So yes, you can use an adapter to connect the mini-RCA cable. Which is in fact a very high quality RCA.

I do not know how it can send 5 channels of sound via two lines, but I do not know how to 5.1 channels of sound into a beam of light send either. I guess that's why the signal before decoding?

Give it a shot.

solidsta... said...

I know that there at least for Dell laptops, is an S-type video jack on the back, with an adapter, the S / PDIF audio and S-video outputs, it comes ... connected after all thats only S / PDIF audio controls, and must provide brilliant.

Post a Comment